- Our product will never store, log, or share your true IP address, and we always delete your true IP address after your VPN session is closed.
- We never associate your email, true IP address, username, or unique mobile ID with your browsing information or online activities when you are using DDVPN.
- Creating an account is always optional -we never require you to register or otherwise provide us any personal information to download or use our products.
- We never share your personal information with unaffiliated third parties other than service providers that we use for internal technology and business operations (such as website hosting, payment processing, data analysis, information technology, customer service, and email delivery).
- We only use your information to provide you with amazing products and services that we are constantly working to improve.
While we always anonymize your true IP address while using the Services, remember that no VPN provider can control what other apps collect from your device or what cookies other websites or third parties place in your browser.
- We encrypt all of the traffic between your device and our servers using TLS 1.2 with perfect forward secrecy (ECDHE), 128-bit AES data encryption, and HMAC message authentication.
- Your web traffic on unsecured networks such as public Wi-Fi at cafés, airports, etc. is always securely encrypted by DDVPN.
What information do we collect?
There are two basic categories of information we collect:
- Information you choose to give us
- Information we automatically collect when you use our services
You can be assured that the information we may collect, including your email, true IP address, username, or unique mobile ID, is never associated with your browsing information or online activities when you are using DDVPN. Additionally, your true IP address is stored only for the duration of your VPN session and is cleared after your session is closed. We do not associate your true IP address with your online activities and we do not store or log your true IP address after the end of your session.
Information You Choose to Give Us
When you interact with our Services, we collect the information that you choose to share with us. For example, if you purchase a subscription to DDVPN Premium, and/or sign up to create an account, you may provide us with an email address and payment information. Remember that creating an account is always optional – we never require you to register or otherwise provide us any personal information to download or use our products.
It probably goes without saying, but we’ll say it anyway: If you contact us directly, we may receive additional information about you. For example, when you contact customer support, we receive the contents of messages or attachments that you send to us, and other information you choose to provide.
Automatically Collected Information
When you use our Services, we collect information about you or your device automatically. Here’s a fuller explanation of the types of information we collect when you use our Services:
- When you visit our websites:
- Your IP address may be collected when you visit our websites. Collecting IP addresses is standard practice and is done automatically by many websites and other online services. We use IP addresses for internal purposes such as calculating usage levels and diagnosing server problems. We may also use your IP address to derive your approximate location. Downloading and turning on DDVPN will make your true IP address private to our websites, as well as websites of third parties. Using our websites or other websites without turning on DDVPN may allow your IP address to be collected.
- We collect device-specific information, such as the hardware model, operating system version, browser type, language, wireless network, and mobile network information. This information does not identify you, and we use it to provide and improve the Services, troubleshoot, and perform analytics.
- We collect your IP address, immediately obfuscate and anonymize it, and provide you with a virtual or proxy IP address. We may also use your IP address to derive your approximate location in order to effectively provide the Services. Again, your true IP address is stored only for the duration of your VPN session and is cleared after your session is closed. We do not associate your true IP address with your online activities and we do not store or log your true IP address after the end of your session.
- When you launch DDVPN, we also collect device-specific information, such as the hardware model, operating system version, browser type, language, wireless network, and mobile network information. This information does not identify you, and we use it to provide and improve the Services, troubleshoot, and perform analytics on our services.
- When you use DDVPN to access the internet, we collect only anonymous, aggregate data about which websites you visit and which apps you use. We do not attribute any specific website visits or app usage to any specific user. We collect this information to:
1. Perform analytics on our services, including measuring whether our users are able to successfully access certain websites or apps;
2. Troubleshoot service issues and improve service quality.
How do we use your information?
In short, we use your information to provide you with amazing products and services that we are constantly working to improve. Here are some of the ways we do that:
- To operate, maintain, enhance and provide features of the Services, provide services and information that you request, respond to comments and questions, and otherwise provide support to users.
- Understand and analyze aggregate usage trends, improve the Services, and develop new products, services, features, and functionality.
- Contact you for administrative and informational purposes. This may include providing customer service or sending communications, including changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- For our business purposes, such as audits, security, fraud monitoring and prevention.
- To enforce our Terms of Service or other legal rights.
How do we share your information?
- If required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence;
(b) to comply with legal process;
(c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence;
(d) to enforce our terms and conditions;
(e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates;
(f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and
(g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
Turning DDVPN on encrypts all of the traffic between your device and our servers using TLS 1.2 with perfect forward secrecy (ECDHE), 128-bit AES data encryption, and HMAC message authentication. This means that your web traffic on unsecured networks such as public Wi-Fi at cafés, airports, etc. will be securely encrypted by DDVPN. This encryption also means that your Internet Service Provider (ISP) will not be able to snoop on your web traffic and create records of the websites you are visiting while using DDVPN; all they will see is that all of your traffic is being sent to and from our servers.
We also use certain physical, organizational, and technical safeguards that are designed to maintain the integrity and security of information that we collect. Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable and thus we cannot and do not guarantee the security of your data.
Your Choices and Access
We do not require that you provide us with your email or any contact information to use our Services.
Use of Services by Minors
The Services are not directed to individuals under the age of thirteen (13), and we request that they not provide personal information through the Services. If we find out that a child under 13 has provided personal information, we will take steps to delete that information.
International Cross-Border Data Transfer
DDVPN uses servers hosted in the United States. Please note that we may be transferring your information outside of your region for storage and processing in the United States and around the globe. By using the Services you consent to the transfer of information to countries outside of your country of residence, including the United States, which may have data protection rules that are different from those of your country.
Because email communications are not always secure, please do not include sensitive information in your emails to us.